TERMS AND CONDITIONS
21st – 31st October 2022
This event contains scary themes and is not recommended for children under the age of 14.
Halloscream is a Special Event. Annual Passes are not valid to use for entry during this event. A Halloscream Xtreme General Admission e-ticket may be redeemed at Luna Park Sydney for a single entry to Halloscream Xtreme for the nominated date allocated at the time of booking.
The entry date will be clearly indicated throughout the purchase process. Gates open at 5PM each night. Mazes and some attractions open at 6.15PM onwards. Please check the Luna Park Sydney website for closing times on your entry date.
Halloscream Xtreme is not recommended for audiences under 14 years old due to the scary themes of the activations. However, Halloscream tickets are valid for all ages and all heights – it is at the parents / guardians’ discretion whether they bring a child under the age of 14 to the event – a valid ticket is required to enter. Names provided on tickets must be correct before being presented. Luna Park Sydney reserves it’s right to require evidence of proof of age and identification.
All guests require a ticket to enter (except for children under 2 years of age and under 85cm – as deemed by Luna Park Sydney- may enter free of charge with a paying adult (18+))
All guests are required to comply with all relevant laws including all Public Health orders as indicated on NSW State Government websites (found here) and with the Luna Park Sydney Health Declaration on behalf of all ticket holders in their transaction. This may include but not limited to being required to check in using the Service NSW QR check in code, the wearing of face masks, confirmation they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and are not awaiting COVID-19 test results. All guests are expected to exercise social distancing whilst in the park. Patrons may be asked to leave for failure of social distancing compliance or the Health Declaration.
All Event Tickets for this event are on suppressed printing and will not be emailed until closer to the event date. After purchase, patrons will receive a confirmation email ONLY. Tickets with this allocated delivery option will be emailed out at a nominated date, as a PDF, closer to the event.
There will be no pass outs available for this event. Guests who disrupt other Guests enjoyment of the Park, mistreat the performers or behave in an inappropriate and/or aggressive manner will be removed from the Park without refund.
Halloscream Xtreme is an outdoor all-weather event and will proceed on the advertised dates and at the advertised time in all weather conditions. Guests accept the risk that weather they consider unsatisfactory may occur on the event night
All ticket sales are final. Tickets will not be exchanged, refunded or returned after purchase. Please treat your tickets like cash. Tickets are only refunded under the relevant NSW laws that protect the venue & ticket purchaser. A change in your personal plans or circumstances does not warrant a refund. Lost, stolen, damaged or defaced tickets will not be replaced. Tickets cannot be transferred to another person after redemption. Valid Photo ID and the purchasing credit card may be required upon redemption.
Luna Park Sydney reserves the right to add, withdraw or substitute artists and/or vary advertised programs, prices, dates and audience capacity.
Items considered dangerous will not be permitted inside the venue and must be surrendered to staff upon entry. Surrendered items will be available for collection as you leave the event. Please note that all loose items and/or props are unable to be carried on most rides. Luna Park Sydney accepts no responsibility for lost, stolen or damaged items that are left unaccompanied. It may be a condition of entry that a search of person or possessions will be required at the time of entry to the venue.
External food and drink and large bags are not permitted into the venue: this includes including sealed water bottles. Refreshments are available for purchase in the venue. Bags are not to be left unattended in the Park..
Each e-ticket must be exchanged for a wristband at entry. Entry is the only point that a wristband will be issued and must be worn securely throughout the event. A Halloscream ticket is sold subject to the Luna Park Sydney Rides Regulations. Height, age and health requirements apply to all attractions. Not valid in conjunction with any other offer.
Full face costumed masks and make up are not permitted. For security purposes all Guests must be able to be identified, therefore full face masks and full face make-up that disguises a person’s facial identity are not permitted and may be asked to be removed by Luna Park security. Refunds will not be granted to those failing to comply with this requirement.
Luna Park Sydney does not condone the on-selling of tickets. Event Tickets are ONLY to be purchased from the venue Luna Park Sydney and Authorized Third-Party Ticket Sellers, any activity beyond these legitimate channels will be deemed invalid and will NOT be accepted at entry – this includes and is not restricted to any tickets purchased from Wei Chat or Viagogo.
Voluntary participation and recreational nature of activity
- I acknowledge, agree and understand my activities at, and my use of, Luna Park Sydney for my own enjoyment and leisure and is entirely recreational.
Risk Warning pursuant to section 5M of the Civil Liability Act
- I acknowledge, agree and understand that:
- I have been warned that I am at risk of suffering personal injury arising from or in connection with my activities at, and my use of, Luna Park Sydney. The risk of personal injury extends to physical or mental injury (including aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any physical or mental injury) including but not limited to friction burns, whiplash, abrasions, bruising, damage to teeth, muscular injury, motion sickness, splinters, loss of consciousness, and broken bones together with soft tissue injuries generally.
- The risk of personal injury that I may suffer may arise from or be connected to:
- contact or collision with the surface of the ride;
- contact or collision with another patron;
- The movement of the ride (sudden or otherwise);
- weather conditions including rain, wind, lightning, heat and cold;
- slipping and tripping on floor surfaces;
- the acts and/or omissions (including negligent acts and/or omissions) of other patrons at Luna Park Sydney;
- incorrect use of rides;
- failure to follow instructions in relation to participation on a ride; and
- the unforeseen failure or malfunction of rides.
- I accept and acknowledge all of risks identified above voluntarily and at my own risk.
- I acknowledge that the assumption of risk and warning above constitutes a ‘risk warning’ in respect of all rides and activities at Luna Park Sydney for the purpose of section 5M of the Civil Liability Act 2002 (NSW).
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree to waive all my rights in respect of any liability for any Claim against Luna Park, including for any liability:
- for breach of contract (including any express or implied warranty that any recreational services will be provided with due care and skill); or
- for negligence; arising from, or in connection with, my attendance at and use of Luna Park Sydney.
- Waiver in relation to recreational services to which the Australian Consumer Law applies
- I acknowledge that:
- it is possible for a supplier of recreational services to ask me to agree that the statutory guarantees under the Australian Consumer Law (ACL) (which is Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 Cth), do not apply to me;
- I agree to waive my right to sue Luna Park Sydney (should either be deemed a supplier for the purposes of the ACL) because the recreational services (as that term is defined in the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) were not performed in accordance with the statutory guarantees, in particular the guarantees as to due care and skill and as to fitness for a particular purpose, are excluded; and
- the waiver of my rights in clause 9(b) above is limited to liability for:
- physical or mental injury (including the aggravation, acceleration, or recurrence of such injury) to me;
- the coming into existence, the aggravation, acceleration or recurrence of any other condition, circumstance, occurrence, activity, form of behaviour, course of conduct or state of affairs:
- that is or may be harmful or disadvantageous to me; or
- that may result in harm or disadvantage to me.
- The above waiver of my rights in relation to the statutory guarantees does not apply to reckless conduct (as defined in the ACL) of Luna Park Sydney in supplying any recreational services (in the event either is deemed to be a supplier).
Release and Indemnity
- To the fullest extent permitted by law, I:
- release and will release Luna Park Sydney from all Claims that I may have or may have had but for this release arising from or in connection with my use of Luna Park Sydney;
- indemnify and will keep indemnified Luna Park Sydney in respect of any Claim by any other person:
- arising from or in connection with my participation in any activities at, or use of, Luna Park Sydney;
- against Luna Park Sydney in respect of any injury loss or damage arising out of or in connection with my failure to comply with any rules and/or directions from Luna Park Sydney regarding use of Luna Park Sydney’s facilities and attractions.
Save that the above releases and indemnities shall not apply to the extent that the loss, damage or injury that is the subject of the Claim is caused or contributed to by the grossly negligent act or omission of Luna Park Sydney.
- The information provided by guests will be used by Luna Park Sydney for the purpose of contact tracing, should it be necessary.
TERMS OF SALE AND ENTRY
- A Halloscream ticket entitles the holder entry into Luna Park Sydney for the date and time specific session as indicated on the ticket only and is subject to the NSW Government approval for Luna Park Sydney to operate pursuant to COVID-19 restrictions.
- Tickets can only be purchased by the credit card holder. A valid residential address must be provided at the time of booking. PO Boxes or Locked Bags are not accepted as billing addresses.
- Valid personal information including first and last name must be provided for each Halloscream ticket holder at the time of purchase. This must match ID presented at entry should it be requested
- All guests are required to comply with all relevant laws including all Public Health orders as indicated on NSW State Government websites (found here) and with the Luna Park Sydney Health Declaration on behalf of all ticket holders in their may include but not be limited to being required to check in using the Service NSW QR check in code the wearing of face masks, confirmation they are not experiencing COVID-19 symptoms and are not awaiting COVID-19 test results. All guests are expected to exercise social distancing whilst in the park. Patrons may be asked to leave for failure of social distancing compliance or the Health Declaration.
- All guests regardless of age or willingness to access rides or attractions, will be required to purchase a valid Session ticket. All Guests will require a ticket for entry. (except for children under 2 years of age and under 85cm – as deemed by Luna Park Sydney- may enter free of charge with a paying adult (18+))
- A Halloscream ticket is a unique ticket and is non-refundable to the extent permitted by law, and valid for the specific date and time indicated on the ticket only. A change of personal plans does not warrant a refund or exchange. Any date swaps are at the discretion of management. At least 72 hours’ notice before the event date must be provided in this instance. Fees apply.
- Rides, services, entertainment and attractions may change operating hours, close temporarily, or may otherwise change or be discontinued without notice and without liability and does not entitle a Halloscream ticket holder to any refund, credit or replacement.
- A Halloscream ticket holder assumes the inherent risks associated with the operation of all rides and attractions and should read and obey all safety signage, instructions and rules.
- A Halloscream ticket holder must abide by any rules and regulations applicable to Luna Park Sydney or to the use of the Halloscream ticket as announced by Luna Park Sydney from time to time.
- The management reserves the right to refuse admission and, in such event, will not refund admission fee paid. Patrons in the venue are to always have their ticket on their person.
- A Halloscream ticket is not redeemable for cash and cannot be used with any other offer, discount, or product. Additionally, Halloscream tickets are void if altered or misused.
- Photocopies, photos, and reproductions of Halloscream tickets will not be accepted.
- Luna Park Sydney is a Licensed Premises and as such anyone entering are bound by the requirements of the Liquor Act 2007. In accordance with Liquor Regulations, the only acceptable forms of proof of age at this venue are: CURRENT Australian Photo driver’s license (International drivers licenses are not accepted) CURRENT Passport or NSW Proof of age card.
- It is an offence to purchase liquor for (or supply liquor to) minors.
- Guests who are intoxicated or under the influence of or in possession of illicit drugs, who are argumentative, quarrelsome, aggressive, or disorderly will not be permitted to enter or remain on the premises and be removed from the venue.
- Dangerous and/or illicit items will not be permitted inside the venue. Liquor may not be brought onto or taken off the premises and checking procedures may be applied to prevent this.
- The Park and surrounding areas are under 24-hour CCTV surveillance.
- Smoking is permitted only in designated areas.
- Professional, commercial, staged, or organised photography or video recording is not permitted without prior authorisation.
- Tripods, lighting, other standalone ancillary photography, or video equipment is not permitted.
- Any type of activity or item that may impact on other Guests safety or enjoyment of the park is not permitted.
- Bags must not be left unattended in the Park. Limited locker facilities are available – fees apply.
- The rides/amusements in Luna Park are designed for use by participants who meet the displayed height requirements.
- Use of any ride or amusement is restricted for Guests with certain physical and/or medical conditions. Please check the signage at the entrance to the ride for applicable restrictions.